SEGUIN, Texas -- Texas Lutheran's Cortnee Priour, a 2019 graduate and a 2018 All-American, has been named a finalist for the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference's Woman of the Year award.
This year's five finalists for the conference's award include: Bryce Frank of Austin College, Allysa Warling of Colorado College, Brandi Campos of Southwestern University, Priour of TLU, and Molly McCullough of Trinity University.
The award recognizes the conference's senior female student-athlete who has best distinguished herself throughout her collegiate career in the areas of academic achievement, athletic excellence and service and leadership.
Member schools were permitted to submit two nominations if at least one of the nominees was a woman of color or international student-athlete.
To be nominated, the student-athlete must have completed intercollegiate eligibility in her primary sport by the end of the 2019 spring season, received her undergraduate degree prior to the conclusion of the summer 2019 term, and had a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.500 (4.000 scale).
Priour graduate this May with her bachelor's degree in nursing. She completed her degree with a grade point average of 3.84.
The 2019 TLU Female Scholar-Athlete of the Year, Priour lettered four years for the Bulldogs in women's track & field.
Priour competed in three NCAA Division III National Championships. In 2018, she finished seventh nationally in the long jump and claimed All-America honors.
A five-time USTFCCCA All-Region honoree, Priour competed at the national meet in the long jump in 2017 and 2018 and made the national meet in the triple jump in 2019.
Priour won the 2019 SCAC individual championship in the triple jump and captured the 2017 and 2018 conference long jump titles.
Other career accomplishments for Priour include:
- Four-Time SCAC Academic Honor Roll Honoree (2016-19)
- TLU President's List (2015-17, 2019)
- TLU Dean's List (2018)
- Snow Scholarship Recipient, Pre-Nursing Student Award (2016)
- USTFCCCA All-Academic Individual (2017-19)
- Three-Time SCAC Women's Outdoor Track & Field Athlete-of-the-Week
- Four-Time SCAC Women's Outdoor Track & Field Team Runner-up (2016-19)
- First Generation Bulldog (2015-19)
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Member (2017-19)
- Student Nurses Association (2017-19)
- Alpha Mu Gamma Language Honor Society (2018-19)
Full Conference Release